Co-WIN Past Weather Data Analysis
- Facilitate teaching using Automatic Weather Station (AWS)(Guidelines) (Contributed by Matthew Wong of the Department of Applied Physics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University)
- Manipulation of Weather Data through Co-WIN (Contributed by Eugene Ng of the Department of Applied Physics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University)
- Complete Weather Lesson Plans (English only) (by Davis Instruments Corp.)
Co-WIN Data Download and Analysis Tutorial
This tutorial intends to help users of the Co-WIN web interface (http://weather.ap.polyu.edu.hk) to understand how to download archived Co-WIN data via the web interface, and how to use the data to create time series.The following topics will be covered in this tutorial:
1) Downloading data from Co-WIN web interface.
2) Creating two time series on the same graph.
3) Adding a secondary y-axis to the graph.
4) Slanting the x-axis (time axis) label by 30 degrees.
5) Manually setting the start point and end point of the x-axis (time axis).
6) Adding graph title, axis titles, legend, and other chart-related accessories.
Read Tutorial on Co-WIN Data Download and Analysis Using Excel (Sample data file and time series used in the tutorial)
(Contributed by Eugene Ng of the Department of Applied Physics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University)